We are a facility with very clear and strong boundaries and we treat our clients professionally with dignity and love, we offer Dual Diagnosis Treatment in the form of an Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment Centre as well as a Halfway House, treating Addictions and Addictive Disorders as well as underlying Psychiatric Disorders. We are a registered facility with the Department of Health & Social Development and are registered with all medical aids.
At CHANGES Treatment Centre, we provide a safe haven for those suffering from addiction and fearful or apprehensive upon entering into treatment. Staffed, with kind dedicated individuals that help clients get through the withdrawal phase and move on to the rest of their recovery.
Our programme is able to achieve a high degree of success in breaking down the denial system by an approach that combines many essential features:
- We surround our clients with care, concern and understanding and offer support, assistance and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Our small facility allows for intimate groups and individual attention.
- We provide our clients with a multitude of facts and education about their illness and its negative consequences and the nature of their illness (the disease of addiction).
- A multi-disciplinary approach based on abstinence, positive affirmation, intensive counselling and adherence to a structured 12-step recovery programme.
- We help our clients live without chemical dependency, we break through their denial system and teach them new coping mechanisms.
- We provide ongoing recovery and focus on relapse prevention and programmes.
- We empower our clients to take responsibility for their own recovery and lives.
The inpatient program is at our rehab facility in Northcliff, Johannesburg. Patients are admitted after a diagnosis that involves psychological and medical testing.
Patients are typically admitted for a few weeks inpatient treatment. Our facility provides experienced doctors and nurses for patients who require detox and medical care as well as therapists.
Our inpatient treatment program uses the Changes ‘Bio-Psycho-Social’ method.
The three elements ensure that the patient is medically fit and if there are underlying psychological issues that may be a cause or catalyst for addictive behaviour; then these are addressed as part of the treatment. The final part, the ‘social’ element teaches addicts how to re-enter society, equipped with the skills to manage social situations and the pressures of life that may trigger addictive behaviours.
Treatment program includes:
- Dual Diagnosis
- Medically supervised detox programme
- Cognitive Therapy Groups
- Didactic Therapy Groups
- Group Counselling
- Individual Counselling
- Addiction Education
- Medical and Psychological Treatment by experienced and qualified professionals
- Creative Therapy allowing patients to learn effective self-expression
- 12 Step Program
- Life Skills Training
The rehab centre is a clean and well appointed house. There is a pool, garden and veg garden as well as a lecture hall, games room and gym. The rehab centre allows for focused attention on every individual patient as space is limited. The therapy is intensive and intimate.
The residents can expect the following:
- Safety search
- Confidentiality and honesty
- Safe and protected environment
- Medical detox and drug screen
- 3 nutritious meals per day
- Group therapy on a daily basis and individual therapy once a week
- To be suitably educated regarding addiction and recovery
- Consistent Rules and Boundaries
- Introduction and participation in various 12 Step Fellowship Meetings
- Ongoing care, aftercare, encouragement and support when the clients has graduated from the programme